26 June 2016

Marriage?

Yesterday, someone asked me "do you see yourself in marriage anytime soon?". So here it is, my answer be like :

I'm obviously in a relationship and when I am in relationship, I don't even bother to lie that I never thought of getting married. Siapa sik maok menghalalkan hubungan nak? However, I have deep thoughts about marriage. Frankly speaking, I do want to get married but I don't see myself in marriage anytime soon. Well, at least not in the next five years. Anyway, sik maok lahh kelaka takbur andai kata jodoh sampe awal.

Then, she asked me "why?". Again, I have a lot to say when she asked me this question :

Getting married is damn easy. Islam memudahkan nikah. Akad nikah, then I am literally done. However, have you ever think of life after solemnization? Yes, obviously if I got married, I am secure in term of love if and only if I marry that one guy I love and love me. Then again, have you ever thought "how long love can last?". What if I marry someone and have kids with them and then they decide they don't love me anymore? Scary isn't it? I might be wrong but I really don't see love as the only thing in ensuring a long lasting happy marriage. In my eyes, marriage is all about long term responsibilities, commitment and respect towards each other. This doesn't mean I object marriage. I'm not saying I won't get married. I will but I really want to grow individually first. In the next five years, I see myself having a secure job, travelling all around the world and buying myself stuffs. I won't get married just because I love my partner. I won't get  married and I find myself in a situation where "I am 30 years old with my own kids thinking of few things I don't get a chance to do just because I choose to get married". In short, I don't want any regret in my life. My hope for myself is I don't get to pick the wrong one. Once upon a time, someone told me, find someone who brings who closer to Allah and be with someone who loves Allah more than he loves you. InsyaAllah, selamat dunia akhirat. To whom it may concern, may we meet when the right moment comes. Till then, be patient. Mok tunggu, tunggu. Sik mok tunggu, bye bye. Hahaha. That's all from me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment